Cybersecurity Be Safe When Shopping Online
Shopping online is fast, easy and convenient and can be fun too. It can also be dangerous. 46% of Americans have been victims of credit card fraud in the past 5 years. Don't be a victim!
If you are not careful your accounts and credit cards may be harvested by the bad guys and your money spent before you know it.
Follow these tips for added online safety:
- Shop on familiar websites. Don't give your information to just anyone
- Never shop from a device that is not yours
- Don't shop on public networks, at the coffee shop, hotel, etc. unless you use a secure VPN or device like Webcloak's SafeWeb
- Shopping online in public? Who's looking over your shoulder? Seriously!
- Don't save your credit card in an online account
- Check your card statements every week for bad charges